Sunday 8 May 2011

Mother's Day

Hello world of mummies and others...
How was your mother's day...?


My day was a hit on last year.  Last year, I did not get a "happy mother's day" in the morning.  In the lead up - I had gladly spent a great deal of time organising gifts for both our mums, we visited them and paid them lots of love.  That afternoon we came home, and I had a melt-down because I had been completely forgotten.

Special days are quite precious to me - but a lot of effort for the husband.

2011 mothers day was very unplanned.  The week or two leading up to it were hectic for the hubster - acting in several roles at work in their busiest time, and Saturday was spent moving house for friends all day.  So I was not expecting anything really at all.  I decided that if I expected nothing, anything would be better.  I had been trying to think of something I wanted, but totally lost for ideas.

I got to sleep in a little, with no intruder.  I got a "Happy Mummy's Day" from him, and a coffee - when I got up (this gesture actually made my day).  After church, we went out for lunch.  This was however, interrupted with an overtired Princess Adelaide who had a major meltdown and had to sit in my arms being fed french fries and sauce.  She then screamed all the way home.

But I got to snuggle her in my arms for 2 hours while she slept (because she couldn't be prised away to sleep in her bed).  Those kind of snuggles don't happen much anymore, so I lapped it up.

We then had to bustle off to visit my mum and then the hubster's mum for deliveries of fresh flowers, hand made cards (sorry forgot to snap pics) and small well thought out gifts.

After little miss was sound asleep - I even got a back massage! hehe.  The hubby spent a chunk of time cleaning up the house a bit, putting things away, getting dishes into dishwasher, putting away washing etc - to save me my usual Monday mad clean up day.

Not a glamorous day overall, but I still enjoyed it.

Things to ponder:
  • 2012 Mother's Day - celebrating it for our mum's a day early - so my day is more restful

I also spent a great deal of yesterday thinking about a few special people I know - some who are doing this incredibly difficult job of mummying - alone. 
For others - their mum is gone now - so it's a bit of a sad day. 
And for others still - the ones who long to be mummies but for whatever reason/s that dream hasn't happened for them. Yet.

Kia kaha you beautiful ladies. You are all very precious <3

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't help but think of people in those situations below too :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.