Monday 14 January 2013

My food and fit low down

Christmas has come and gone, and here we find ourselves halfway through the first month of 2013. 2013!!! I don't think I ever dreamed as a child what I might do in 2013.

With the newyear, and aided by recently giving birth, I find myself a few kgs heavier than I should be and need to be. Quite a few.

So I'm back on the wagon of a slightly modified low-carb/low gi diet. I break the regular rules, like I still drink coffee and I still have cream and brown sugar on my oatmeal each morning. I even often have a cream and berries snack at night when the kids are in bed.

But what I do works. Its modified because I am breast-feeding, so I have to think about the nutrition of Mr E too. Otherwise I would b more intense.

So I had about 15kg to lose and I've shed 3. Hopefully mid year I will reach my goal. Anything under 70kg will be good for now, I think then I will fit most of my clothes.

The thing I find hard, is fitting in the time to exercise... I mean, how do you do it with 3 kids 3 and under? Maybe if I get up super early but that's laughable at the moment. Night is out cause thats feed feed feed time for bubs. I wish I had a treadmill!!

Anyway, that's the little challenge I face and I'm going to try to fit in a decent walk at least 3 days a week by the end of this month. I could try the #mileaday which the beautiful paisleyjade does...  search it on instagram.

For now I'll leave you with that, a good walk 3 times a week by 31 january. Its not a resolution, its a return to health and being fit after a rocky pregnancy, an emergency cesar and followed by a traumatic couple of months.

Will post in how im getting on ;-)

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing Arna - and I could never have fitted in exercise with kids too if it wasn't for my cheapy treadmill off trademe (sold my guitar for $100 to buy it!). They say exercise only makes up a tiny percentage of weight loss anyway - and knowing your history, you'll have it off in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree with Kristy - you are doing so so well Arna - go easy on yourself and let your mind and body repair in other ways as well. Remember this is all just a season. It will pass. My trainer said to me weight loss is only 30% about the exercise. The other 70% is all down to nutrition ie. what we put in our mouths! Now that IS controllable! All the best with your modified diet. It all sounds pretty good to me! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.