Saturday 15 November 2014

Hope Out Of Despair

How does one tackle a post about hope.....

I guess the main reason for my sudden re entry into bloggisphere is because I really strongly felt that I wanted, and needed to share my current journey with the world.

I know I get readers from all over the world to my posts about meningitis, Mr A's sudden premature arrival and then Mr E's prem arrival, miracle survival and thriving.

You see, my family has had upheaval after another for four years running. We faced one massive trial after another. My kids almost lost their mama twice, we almost lost two babies, we lived months at a time in and out of hospital and sickness after sickness.

We hadnt done anything wrong. We didn't do anything to deserve what was happening in our world.

It makes me laugh when I think, the two questions I have been asked most often as people discover I am pregnant with number four is 1) was this baby a surprise/planned? And 2) are you going to have a fifth!?

Yes. Our baby was planned. Was it an easy choice? Not by any means.

Am I going to have five...? Not on my watch ;-)

We have always wanted four kids. But our other three havent "come" easy. Sure, we havent had fertility battles and all the heartache that comes with that- (we are so blessed)- but we have had to FIGHT.

And, as you all know.... you eventually get tired of fighting.

So, I'm going to do a mini series on hope.

I read a quote the other day that said "hope says 'lets try one more time'".

I couldnt say it more aptly myself.

So this baby is my hope baby. It is my "lets try one more time". Lets risk it all over again for the sake of what we have so desperately in our hearts.

Lets be hopeful things will be different- but steadfast knowing that even if they aren't, it will be ok. Because our hope is not set on something imaginary. It is set in Someone who has led us down this journey and been with us every moment.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.