Tuesday 20 December 2011

Product Review - Olay Total Effects Sensitive

I've been saying for quite a while that I need to take better care of my skin.  Particularly my face.

One of the things I've been wanting to do is wear a daily moisturiser with sunscreen.  I don't want to look all old and wrinkled before my time, let alone melanoma etc!

So, product review #2 I get to try:

Olay Total Effects Sensitive

Product claims:
"an all in one product, designed for sensitive skin to help fight the 7 signs of ageing" as per their anti-ageing product Olay Total Effects.

It is designed to 'protect, calm and strengthen your skin'.

The things it does to fight the 7 signs of ageing are:

  1. line minimisation
  2. nourishing moisturisation
  3. tone enhancement
  4. gentle exfoliation
  5. pore refinement
  6. anti-oxidants
  7. subtle lifting
It retails for around $33.  The first thing I thought when I pulled it out of the box was, "wow, that's not much for $33!!"  But comparatively with other similar products, it is around the same size and a similar price.

You don't need much for a full application, one squirt of the pump does your face & some of your neck.  So it would last a while.  It recommends twice a day on the box.  I'm not sold to that!  who applies a 'day cream' twice a day???  most people who are really into this stuff would use a 'night cream' at bedtime.

I washed my face and put it on.  My neck was a bit scratchy (which often happens with certain products) - is this meant to happen?  Afterall it is supposed to be a 'sensitive' skin product.  When I last had a facial I was all tingly and that was a good thing, so perhaps it is showing that it's working?

I have used it for a week - because I thought I can't very well review something like this after one try.

The cream smells quite 'sunblocky' - that is because it is SPF15+ and doesn't have any other fragrance added (which is good in my books).

It is thick, and my face looked positively good after first application.  Natural, but 'glowy' in a gentle, non-oily way.  Subsequent applications felt and looked good.  I felt quite assured that I was using something good on my face and it felt like a bit of a treat to put it on!

After one weeks use I notice:
  • my skin is smoother.  It feels smooth to the touch.
  • some of my pores appear smaller and 'cleaner' (maybe that's the more regular face washing?? hehe)
  • my skin does look healthier
  • I feel good - because I know I am using a good product on my skin and protecting my face from the sun!
I'm 25, I don't have a lot of wrinkles, nor bad skin tone etc.  I also feel very vain giving myself a good look over everyday and then publically reviewing my appearance on my blog!! haha

I suppose I would notice further benefits with more long term use.  I will continue to use it and might get hooked.  It is cheaper than some other creams I have tried, but I am not convinced enough to unquestionably add it to the budget.  If you regularly use qualtiy face care, it's well worth a try.  

I am convinced that I need to care for my face better, and I don't want to apply a regular sunblock everyday (way to greasy and yuck on the skin) - so I will definitely be working on it!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same products to review as you, I haven't tried them yet. I'm looking forward to trying this one now xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.