Sunday 30 October 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!!

my weekend was jam packed and left me pretty tired -

Saturday morning, one of my besties arrived (after travelling an hour) - with a carrot birthday cake - for "coffee".

The last birthday cake I had was when I was 21.  Before that, maybe when I was 10 or so - unless I made it myself.  This was a very sweet gesture to begin my 'birthday eve' (my actual birthday was Sunday).

We proceeded to eat large slabs of this delicious cake and enjoy each other's company.  I actually ate the cake for lunch too... two days in a row.

Shortly after, one of my other besties arrived - much to my surprise - and then I knew I was in for something!

eeek - I was totally having a bad hair day!

I said goodbye to the first one - expecting her to be going, and then she announced that she was coming with me!

So I got delivered to a local beauty salon, given a brochure and told that I could have "anything you want - it's already been paid for".  My sneaky husband had been plotting for a few weeks and organised all this without my knowledge.  I almost cried.  Then quickly forgot the tears as I proceeded to be spray tanned from head to toe and having a gorgeous facial!!

I got dropped home for an easy afternoon, later to discover that I was being taken out for dinner!  The kids were taken to my parents' place, we picked up our dinner dates - and off we went - to Ocean's Resort Restaurant!

he NEVER smiles nicely for photos!!  my face is still "glowing" from my facial! (and probably aided by the glass of wine - hehe)


The meal was YUM!  I ate WAY too much and felt a bit sick.  We had heaps of bread & spreads to start, then I had pork ribs, and we all got free dessert!!  A great night out.  I was blessed that my hubby and friends just wanted to celebrate me (they even toasted me!!).

our dinner dates ;-)


My actual birthday was a lot less 'busy' - but I was still blessed with lots of lovely messages/phone calls and time with my precious family....

Here are some of my funky pressies :D

new apron!! I've always wanted one!

me - staunching my apron out (HAHAHA)

the other apron - a cute half one -


mugs and cosies - from a certain moustache loving friend ;-)


YUM!


Some well thought out reads.....


Note, I am hiding the picture of the incredibly slim, toned, non-child bearing, great looking woman in a bikini! hehe.  I don't think any diet book could make me like that! ha.


cards that say "I love my mumma because, she loves me" and show off princess Adelaide's new cutting ability.  Equipped with pictures of me, her and giraffes.....

And some vouchers so I can go on a spending spree (because you can never have enough music or clothes)!!

lucky me. 25 and counting...

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous birthday weekend!! You totally deserve to be spoiled!!! Love your new aprons too - beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post. Glad you had a great weekend. And hubby was super thoughtful this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Glad you got spoiled hun xo couldn't make the pamper thing but still had to keep it a secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fabulous time! So nice to spoilt aye. You deserve it you hard working wife/mummy/friend/daughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a wonderful birthday Arna-Lise, full of lovely surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! What a cool weekend you had - and love your pressies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool birthday! LOVE IT! :-) You deserve to be well n truely spoiled :-) Love the pressies - and have to say you could totally rock a bikini you're looking GREAT!! You would never guess you just had a baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.