Thursday 25 November 2010

Questions in crisis....

I was going to post a whole lot of pictures about my week, but I will leave that for another day.

Today, our Nation is mourning a great loss.  29 good men have died in the Pike River Mining disaster.  A tragedy.

In times like this, words cannot really describe the anguish that the people are feeling.  Words do not console.

As a Christian, many people turn to you for answers.  People ask questions like - "where was God?", "why do bad things happen?", "why didn't He stop it from happening?"

While I cannot answer those questions, and tears fill my eyes each time I get asked another - I can offer something.  God's heart hurts more than anyones over this loss.  He grieves, because He too has lost.  He does not will that people should die young, nor does He want people to die before knowing Him.

Anger and questions and doubts and worries are all a part of the grief process, and they are all ok.  Let grief come.  My prayer is in the midst of this horrible storm, people will look and see how big, how loving and how great God is.  He is the comforter.  He can give new hope.

My heart, prayers and thoughts are toward the whole town of Greymouth right now.  You are all hurting and we as a nation are hurting with you.

I feel there is an appropriate song for this tragedy in our nation:-

I love the bridge, very relevant...

Fee, Everything falls apart







You said
you'd never leave or forsake me
when you said,
this life is gonna shake me
and you said
this world is gonna bring trouble on my soul
this I know

When everything falls apart
Your arms hold me together
When everything falls apart
You're the only hope for this heart
When everything falls apart
And my strength is gone
I find you mighty and strong
You keep holding on
You keep holding on

When I see
Darkness all around me
When I see
That tragedy has found me
I still believe
Your faithful arms will never let me go
and still I know

When everything falls apart
Your arms hold me together
When everything falls apart
You're the only hope for this heart
When everything falls apart
And my strength is gone
I find you mighty and strong
You keep holding on
You keep holding on

Sorrow will last for the night
but hope is rising with the sun
(it’s rising with the sun)
and there will be storms in this life
but I know you have overcome
You have overcome

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.