Tuesday 9 November 2010

I always wanted to dance....

When I was a young girl, I always dreamed and hoped, that one day I could be a ballet dancer, or be good at gymnastics.



I totally love shows like dancing with the stars.  I love the rythmic gymnastics in the Olympic games - I could watch people dance for hours.  Modern dance has lead to hip-hop, and jazz and other genres - and I certainly love watching a good, clean dance piece.

Well, in my recent 'journey' - I realised that not having the opportunity to dance as a little girl - (the finance being one reason, and having an 'unlikely' dance figure being the other) - had actually left a bit of a hole in me.  Quite a big one.

A part of me, in need of redemption - by the Lover of my Soul.

Now I'm a rather out-going person, but to frollick unskillfully and prance around 'dance' where others can see me (apart from husband and child) is TOTALLY out of my comfort zone.



So in this journey of freedom finding - I have discovered something - I can dance like a six year old - in front of my Daddy (Jesus) - and He thinks I'm LOVELY!!!!!  (Even if every other human being thinks I'm nuts.)  And you know what - if I'm dancing for Him - I don't really give a stuff what anyone else thinks.

I have long thought that if the church could just get FREE and dance before our King - maybe we'd do better than the night clubs at reaching people.  We need people who are FREE, (who don't need a dose of liquor in them) - just loving God and loving themselves & each other. 

Young people just LOVE to dance.  Most people just LOVE to dance.

Friday night youth - yes - I danced...

Sunday morning church - yes I danced...with ribbons!  mind you, I had two beautiful, FREE, 6 year olds standing beside me, ribbons in hand, not caring what the 300 or so other people in the room thought.

Was it fun - HECK YES!!!!  Did it make my God smile - HECK YES!!!!  and I couldn't help but laugh when I got a very approving grin from the other side of the room - my Daddy in law.

So God is redeeming this area of my heart - where this unlikely young woman in the eyes of the world - looks at the face of my Creator - and JUST WANTS TO DANCE.

 

I am DANCING - and loving every moment.







Perhaps my next shopping expedition will be looking for tights & a tutu.

5 comments:

  1. :) We love spontaneous dance partys at our house. Dave Crowders has a few cool dance songs we love. 6 year olds really bring that out in ya don't they ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your dancing Arna.. and was thoroughly enjoying you dancing before God on sunday ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Awesome stuff.
    really has given me something to think about where you wrote the part that not dancing has left a hole in your heart....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Widge - I guess I've been seeing things that seem so little - can actually leave quite a messy bit in your life as an adult. I'm totally loving "re-living" those years and seeing that "hole" get smaller and smaller!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I must add (a thought from my late night shower last night) that in writing this post, I'm not advocating for kids to be allowed to do every possible activity they think they might like to try... they have to learn boundaries and the realities of life - but maybe the less "ideal" ones could be done at home - without being looked down on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.