Saturday 4 February 2012

what I've been up to....

Well, the year has officially begun.  Why does it feel like the year never begins until February?  I guess I still feel like I'm on holiday until February hits, and suddenly I realise that hubby gets no long stretch of time off until December, the years programmes are beginning again and well, what do you know - here we are, a month in to 2012!

Here's a mini-update on what I've been up to:

  • we just returned from a week's holiday in Hamilton & Auckland.  I feel refreshed and ready for the year to start now...
  • we have a great tenant in our house, a nurse, it worked out perfectly
  • I'm considering commencing a couch to 5k running program.... but I've lost my ipod.  The music is cool though, semi-addictive, so I think I'll either have to find my ipod or get a 'new' (pre-loved) one  :(
  • loving the new place, nicely stretched out, seemingly perfect for my passions - cooking & having guests!
  • as it seems many others are also, I am quietly heading back to old fashioned communicating this year.... I have missed and long for face to face relationships over media ones....  I will still show up, but don't count on an update heaps... perhaps the face of this shall change - we will see.
  • Mr John has a tooth (or two).  Happy 7 month birthday - a  tooth!  He is keeping my hands full!
  • My year is looking excitingly amazing right at the outset!  New opportunities arising, getting regularly back into some things I'm passionate about - the joys of a baby weaning himself at 6 months! :-)
  • I'm busy pondering an outfit, or three, for an up-coming wedding..... looking forward to getting glammed up once again!
  • I cut and coloured my hair.  Dark brown, fringe again - a long easy to hide one :)  Feeling like a new me!
  • I had a child-less shopping spree while away (I had about $250 of vouchers for Auckland stores to blow).  What an AMAZING time I had! whee!
  • I have been offered a few jobs lately.... I'm not even looking for work.  Quite nice politely declining!
  • I had an amazing opportunity to have a hands on experience at being a chef last night.....  I went into Vie Restaurant (at Flames Hotel) and assisted them with a wedding - catering for around 90 people!  It was so much fun and made me see why I love cooking all the more!!  My job was to plate half of the entrees & then plate the veges (and decorate the plates with sauces) for the mains!!  I got a few ideas, and just loved seeing the 'behind the scenes' at how they do what they do and why etc!  Good times.... better still, I get paid for it!  A busy job still!
Anyway, that's about it from me - seeya!

3 comments:

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.