Wednesday 24 August 2011

Colour me Spring

Just a few things from my last couple of weeks.....

I love spring - and it's nearly that time again!  I love daffodils.  I need to plant some bulbs, but unfortunately this year, I'll have to buy a couple of bunches instead. 

My mum is a cancer survivor, as are many others I know.  And I've lost people to cancer.  So daffodils hold a special place in my heart.

Anyway, here's what I've been up to -

catching moments like this..... I was upstairs for a moment and left her to "look after" her brother....  I returned (and had a moment to grab my camera) to find....


and this...



there was cuter ones - with him mouth wide open and her kissing *bless*


Making these...


My dad doesn't celebrate his birthday, but I always sneak something his way on the day.  Princess Adelaide and I got busy in the kitchen.  They look a bit fancy, but are SO easy!




Delicious lunches like this...... (which I just ate today - who says healthy can't be delicious!!)



The only things I missed out on in my salad were tomato and cucumber.  But alas, I already spent a fortune buying half the ingredients for this sort of thing in this weeks shopping... looking forward to summer!

What else can I tell you?

I've lost 3kgs
I've exercised 5 days a week (for 2 weeks) alternating cardio and resistance
I feel real good
My abs are returning! (slowly)
I have a sewing machine on my table - working on a project for playcentre
I don't really sew
I'm craving warmer weather
Last night I ate a 4 course meal with Dave's colleagues
I really enjoyed myself
I tried roasted duck for the first time
I ordered tuna off a menu (I am not a tuna person)
The tuna was mild in flavour and actually quite nice
I skipped the glass of wine I was looking forward to - and traded it for my delicous dessert!






7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're right on track and enjoying life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww so cute those lil cherubs of yours! And I am also looking forward to Summer, salad is sooo expensive at the moment!! Definately be planting a veggie garden at the new house I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute babies, and love those muffins (cupcakes?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're going well. Can I give you one little check from a friend without sounding like someone giving unwanted advice?

    Remember to rest and make sure you eat enough to keep that little man of yours well fed. You probably have it all sorted but it does sound like you're a tad busy for a mum of a newborn. The weight will come off eventually.

    The salad is my idea of delicious, I LOVE duck and I have always wanted to try tuna - your description has convinced me I should! I too love daffodils just because they are the promise of warmer weather on the way. Christchurch gets covered in them. Everyone should celebrate their birthday so it's awesome you do something for your Dad. (I bet he secretly looks forward to it!). Nice to see your posts again Arna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMM Im still thinking about that four course meal...I may join you on the exercise. Im waiting for Sept 1st...D day. the officail day it gets warmer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cupcakes Arna! Can't wait for summer either - the price of tomatoes and cucumbers at the moment is seriously ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely photos from the children!

    Beertje Zonn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.