Thursday 16 June 2011

Thankful Thinking.......

You know, life, even at the best of times - still has some sucky bits.

Lately, I've got a bit tired of listening to moaning.  I've got to confess, I've been a bit moany myself and the listening to moaning is only making it worse.

One thing I like to do, is think about someone elses difficulties/problems etc for a while.  Nothing like a bit of perspective to make one moan a bit less.

The other thing that often works - is being thankful.  Sure life is hard at times, and we all need people we can talk to about our difficulties - but our focus needs to be shifted if it's about us all the time.  We weren't put on this planet for ourselves.

So, just a random post on some things I am thankful for - might become a regular:
  • health - even though this is an ongoing battle for me - 13 weeks on from being close to death, I am alive, and mostly well.  And I am greatful.  I even got told today that I am a miracle - for my "wellness".  Thank you God.
  • my family - my princess A who is so delightful at the moment.  My hubby who is a real treasure.  The wider extensions who all just add that bit extra to our lives.  The little man who I am longing to meet.
  • our vehicles - they are old and shabby in places, but we have two of them (which makes life WAY easier) and they both still pass their warrants with minimal work required.  I often think how I'd like a "better" car - but at the moment, they are doing us just fine.
  • our home - we have worked hard to renovate it, get it nice and make it ours.  It is a stepping stone - but it is a blessing.  We are beginning to reap the rewards of our hard work.
  • friendship - I like to think that there are many different "shapes" and "colours" of friends.  Some fit better together than others - but they each add their own bit of colour to life.

In all of the above things, I could very well find things to moan about.  But I'd rather live happy.

What things are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post !!! I love all those things you are grateful for. You are right, its all in our perspective.
    Love this, its a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post alright Arna - and despite your ups and downs you are always such a bright happy blessing to be around. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading a book yesterday on the power or praise and thankfulness - awesome timely reminder. Thanks beautiful for a great post - you are an amazing mum and precious friend! Much love xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.