Wednesday 24 April 2013

Confessions of a Sugar Addict day 8/42

Eight days in. It's easier.

Most people are genuinely accomodating of my sugar fast and don't mind me skipping many little luxuries to just eat my chicken salad...

I am satisfied, and I am barely craving a sweet treat after dinner. A cup of hot peppermint tea suffices if I need it.

I'm enjoying plain unsweetened yoghurt with a small amount of fruit, and salted peanuts with a few raisins as a mini treat. Yum.

I feel good, and feel thin on the inside, which goes hand in hand with proper nutrition. No more bloated, overfull or heavy tummies... satisfied, fed, and happy tummy instead ;-)

I've even lost a couple of kgs.

Day eight: day of continued endurance
Feel: good, clean, more balanced. Still have challenges everyday.
Temptation: the other night it was the tiptop 2L tub ice-cream on sale, and thinking of it smothered in caramel sauce and chopped nuts. I left the supermarket WITHOUT it.
Realisation: God is surely helping me in my moments of weakness. I actually can do life like this, have hard and bad days with they kids and not need a sugar fix. 
Prayer: Father I want a breakthrough that impacts me for life. Do away with this addiction completely and help me to find balance in food. Give me new eyes and transform my thinking. Help me give my body good fuel. I surely know the statement 'you are what you eat' is true.

And that's me!  Ps. I even had a yummy creamy homemade Indian curry this Week (I make authentic Indian from scratch) delicious!

X

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so well, and you're such an inspiration!!! Think it's time i followed you're example!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.