Saturday 12 January 2013

Welcome 2013!

I think I better find some blogging mojo again.


There's this thing that happens to me when I blog, and trawl through all the blogs available for perusal at any random time. I seemingly turn into an inward focused 'life is hard' person. I don't know why it happens, but when I get too involved something chemically changes in me and I don't like it.


  Too much facebook, online stuff etc - what I would call living vicariously through other people's lives - it actually isn't good for anyone. We were made for relationships, true, real, deep, open, loving relationships... the kind that come from actually seeing and spending time with a person. I'm not talking about the lovey dovey type - just general friendships with people. So I'm not sure how I'm going to do this 'blog' thing and not turn into the incredible sulk ahem, hulk while trying to add a little something, a little more regularly. I'll think on that one.


While I sit here, on this 30+ degree celcius balmy Sunday afternoon, Mr 18 months playing with tongs, a shirt, a saucepan and lid among other things... Mr 3months asleep and Miss 3 out to the movies with her dad, it's the very last day of our much needed summer holiday. We needed a break. Our lives have been a rollercoaster the last 2 years. We've moved house twice, I've brushed death, we've had and nearly lost 2 premature babies.... combined between me and my kids we have spent over 15 weeks in hospital since March 2011.


Hospitals aren't fun places to spend time as a patient. They turn into quiet, solemn, lonely white halls at night. Deathly places. I'm sure its different if you work there, but when it's your life, and 8pm visiting hours finish arrives, it's like my heart would sink and a lump would rise in my throat as I faced another night alone in a strange place, separated from all I knew and loved. It's hard to keep your head even and stay focussed. I will write a little (or a lot) about our most recent journey someday soon.


Anyway, we've had an amazing holiday getting used to being a family of 5, and just being a family again. Our baby was discharged on 2 December after 9 weeks in Neonatal Intensive Care and then Special Care and we had been split apart as a family for that entire time.


We've spent time together, we've spent time with our wider family, we've spent time with friends. We've visited the beach, the farm park, playgrounds, the pools... played in the paddling pool nearly all day. Made messes of our house and barely cleaned up... eaten fruit salad for tea. We've eaten several kilograms of chocolate and treats, we've gained several kilograms each. The grown ups have started a health regime (mostly eating so far)....


 And it all ends today as my hubby donnes his shirt and tie, shiny shoes, leather belt, woollen socks and returns (greatfully I'm sure) to his airconditioned office tomorrow. So now, I think I might be able to find a few minutes in the day to write a little something to you readers (thanks for being patient)... maybe I won't seeing as I'll have 3 kids on my own again from tomorrow - haha - who knows.


Happy 2013 everyone. I pray that this year is a year of pure joy, and a discovery of Joy Himself as each of you walks out and finds enjoyment in each moment - cause that is what this is all about anyway! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.