Monday 15 November 2010

My Playcentre ROCKS......

So, this year I've been decluttering my life...  I just felt the need - and now that is significantly more clutter free - I feel more on top of things.



I was doing so many activities with miss 1 I felt worn out.  2x coffee groups, a course for new parents, not to mention all the other stuff. 

If I wrote a list of all the different activities and groups there is available for mum's and babies/toddlers nowadays - I'm sure it'd have over 100 things on it.

Sometimes I think we do too many things with our kids - instead of just 'being' with them.  We come out of careers, and get bored of just being at home.  Activities are good - as long as they're not at the expense of your time with them.  You are your child's best teacher.

I cut out most stuff I was doing, and loved spending time at home - just building relationships with people I wanted to, and enjoying my sweet princess. 

I decided recently that I would join the local playcentre.  After all, I can't bear to watch princess stare through the fence watching the kids play - longing to be a part of it.  Yes, it is next door.

Summary of my first month:  day 1 - really hard.  Knew one person briefly.  Felt really awkward.  Day 2: felt more a part of things.  Day 3 onwards - I feel like I'm an old hand.  I'm loving holding all the new babies we have!!

Today was my first PC meeting experience.  Topic: Christmas party.... Just a few parts of our discussion...

"lets bring presents for the the Salvation Army..." yea, for Christmas we'll teach the kids to feed the hungry.



"And lets make nativity scenes with the kids! I just love the baby Jesus in a manger..." - not a Christian speaking...

"What day shall we have our party? saturday, nah, sunday - when do you ALL finish church?? Ok so 2pm is good?" - yea, there's a fair few Christians at my PC.

Oh, and don't forget - the last day of our term - we're having a BIG birthday party - for JESUS.

Complete with cake.

[caption id="attachment_145" align="alignnone" width="259" caption="wonder if it will be as delicious as this looks....."][/caption]

"Shall someone dress up as santa?? oh, yea I suppose we could do that...."

Santa was the last thing on the minds of my 'new-found friends'... How I love that in a public arena, Jesus is still cool at Christmas.

[caption id="attachment_144" align="alignnone" width="240" caption="Even Santa bows before Him....."][/caption]

2 comments:

  1. haha - awesome! Your playcentre sounds totally different to mine... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay that sounds cool. It doesnt take long to make friends with other mums...since you always have at least one thing in common...being a mum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.