Friday 18 February 2011

Things I'm Loving

So I'm joining in with my beautiful friend Paisley Jade in Things I'm Loving....


Honey Oat Cookies - these remind me of this icecream my mum made when we were kids!  Recipe at bottom....



[caption id="attachment_265" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="YUM!"][/caption]

 

This amazing lady - she is my Oma.  She turns 80 next Sunday.  She is one of the most beautiful and courageous women I know.  She has so much to tell me.  I have recenlty been making an effort to see her once a week - and I am so rewarded by this special time... and she loves it.

[caption id="attachment_268" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="with her great grandbaby - my little miss"][/caption]

 

These are in my garden!!  I grew them - yes I'm amazing!! (haha)

[caption id="attachment_267" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="pretty pink hibiscus!! might paint this someday..."][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_266" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="sunflower remnants - the plants have one big flower, but then produce all these babies!"][/caption]


I got out my crochet hook earlier this week...... ready for winter -



[caption id="attachment_264" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The first hat I've made that actually has NO mistakes! YAY"][/caption]


And buying this - in preparation for some teeny-tiny hats for a teeny-tiny I'm expecting in August :D



[caption id="attachment_263" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="loving the warm earthy coloured wool!!"][/caption]


I'm also looking forward to a few things:



  • celebrating a special little girls 1st birthday next week


  • Young Mum's night out with my girlfriends TOMORROW!!


 

Now for the recipe:

Honey Oat Cookies - Edmonds cook book

125g butter

1/2 c sugar

2 T honey

1 C flour

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 c rolled oats

Method: cream butter, sugar and honey until pale.  Sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder and add to dry ingredients.  Add rolled oats and mix well.  Roll tablespoon amounts into balls and place on well greased oven tray.  Flatten with a floured fork.

Bake at 180 for 15 minutes or until golden.

YUM!!  they'd also be nice with choc chips in I reckon!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wowsers girl - I'm loving your crochet, baking and flowers!! Must visit my nan and pop more often - your Oma is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the hat! I must be the only one who cant crochet...ah well ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to comment. All comments are approved pre-publish and all spam will be reported.